I firstly looked into slashers and one film in particular which was "Halloween". Made in 1978 and directed by John Carpenter. It is easily one of the most iconic and recognised horror films of all times. Also where its one of the first ever slashers, I thought it would be an ideal text to get some background information on the slasher sub genre. It uses quite simple sound effects as well as a simple yet iconic soundtrack to gain the viewers attention instantaneously. The second you hear the "Halloween" theme, you know automatically that something bad is about to happen and to achieve that simply through a soundtrack is quite impressive in itself. Theres also plenty of point of view shots from the killers perspective where we get a clear and horrifying view of how exactly he's killing his victims. Just those two little aspects of the entire movie make it quite an entertaining and effective slasher.
I then looked into some of the first ever zombie movies by George Romero. I particularly looked into "Night Of The Living Dead" which was the first in a popular zombie trilogy and even though the movie I looked into was in black and white and didn't have all the special effects, props and make up that many modern zombie movies have. Romero's work is still considered to stand out above the rest and is probably one of the best zombie movies of all time. This is because Romero was capable of creating such fear and tension within the film that the audience could acctually relate to and by doing this through his filmwork he was able to create an effective piece that earned over $18 million internationally.
![]() |
| Movie poster for George Romero's "Night Of The Living Dead" |

No comments:
Post a Comment